Landed into an error when opening a QuickBooks company file and can’t find an ideal way to get rid of it? Well, the QuickBooks error code 6000 304 is often seen when opening the company file in QuickBooks and this happens due to the non-availability of disk space or when the disk quotas are turned on. This error appears on the screen stating: “An error occurred while accessing the company file”. This message is shown in your QuickBooks desktop. It can be seen due to a couple of other factors, which we will be discussing later in this post. To learn more, make sure to read the post till the end. Or you can also consult our tech team at +1(844)405-0907 and we will provide you with immediate support and assistance.
What are the causes of QuickBooks error code 6000, 304?
The user can come across this issue due to a handful of factors, which include:
- One of the basic reasons can be if the disk space is not enough, due to which the company file isn’t loading
- Another reason can be if the software has crossed the limits of the memory usage
- The user can also end up in such an error if the system shuts down when the data is being stored
Read Also: How to Write Down Bad Debts in QuickBooks
Steps to resolve QuickBooks error 6000, 304?
The steps below related to checking if the device has enough Disk Space can help the user in eliminating the issue completely.
- The first step is to click on my computer.
- After that head to the folder in which you have your company file.
- Now, right click on the hard-disk and then open the properties.
- Also, check if the device has enough Disk Space Checking if the device has enough Disk Space
- Now click on the general tab, check for the free space.
- In case there is less space, you can move your company file to a different hard disk or you can empty the space in the same disk.
- The user should then click on the quota tab, once your hard disk has enough of space.
- Look for the spotlight at the left side of the screen.
- If spotlight appears red, then disk quota is not available.
- And, if it is green, then the disk quotas are set.
- Now, turn the disk Quotas off.
- And check if the issue is resolved or not
See Also: How to Open QBW File without QuickBooks
By the end of this post, we expect that the reader might be able to eliminate the issue from its root cause. However, if the user came across a similar issue even after performing the above set of steps, then connecting with our QuickBooks error support team at +1(844)405-0907 is suggested. We are a team of certified QuickBooks professionals who work round the clock in providing instant support services.