By default, Windows 10 uploads anything you search for in the Start Menu to their servers so that you may get Bing search results. So, make sure you don't type anything personal into your Start Menu on your own PC. If you're wondering, how do I uninstall bing from Windows 10 while retaining your standard search functionality, you'll need to manually disable web search in Windows 10 by adding an entry in your registry. We'll walk you through the precise steps to understand and learn from the method in the guide below.
Steps to Disable Bing in Windows 10
When you type a question into the Windows 10 search box, the results will come from both your local desktop and the Bing search engine by default. Some users may find the latter handy. On the other hand, many others will likely find it distracting and prefer to delete Bing results from Windows 10 search. Here's how to disable Bing Search in Windows 10.
Method 1: Via Registry Editor
The toggle to disable Bing is still hidden somewhere in the operating system, even though Microsoft no longer provides a settings interface. We may get rid of Bing without any bad consequences by manually flipping the switch in the regedit (Registry Editor). Before it, make a backup of your registry first in case something goes wrong.
- Start typing "Registry Editor" in search, then selecting the top result.
- Create a new key by going to the Windows key.
- Paste ComputerHKEY CURRENT USERSoftwarePoliciesMicrosoftWindows into the search bar of your registry editor. Alternatively, use the right-hand side's folder structure to find it.
- Right-click the main pane and choose "New > Key" once you're there. Explorer is the name of the key.
- Make a new 32-bit DWORD variable.
- Right-click the main pane and pick "New > DWORD (32-bit) Value," then click on your new Explorer key in the sidebar.
- Bing Search on Windows 10 can be turned off.
- Give your new DWORD a name. Turn off SearchBoxSuggestions and enter 1 in the "Value data" column. Select OK.
- Check to see if the Bing Search deactivation worked.
- Search for a file using the search icon or the Start button on your taskbar. In your search menu, your Bing results should no longer be visible.
Method 2: Via Registry File
You can utilize our given registry files instead of manually editing your registry if you don't have the time to do so. To begin, save the "Windows 10 Remove Bing Search Registry Key.zip" file to your desktop and unzip it to a separate folder.
- Bing Search in Windows 10 can be enabled or disabled. "Activate-Bing-in-Windows 10.reg" and "Deactivate-Bing-in-Windows 10.reg" are two files in the folder. You'll need to double-click Bing to remove it from your search results.
- Please make a backup of the activation registry file to reactivate it later and click "Run." You can also use SyncToy Windows 10 to sync files.
- When the warning box appears, select "Yes."
- "OK" is selected, and the computer is restarted.
- Bing will be gone from your Windows 10 search results after a reboot. Finally, this should make it easier to locate the files you require. Meanwhile, if you desire the ease of integrated search but don't like Bing, you can replace Bing search with Google using our instructions.
We've taught you how to remove Bing from your Windows 10 computer. Simply follow the steps above to uninstall Bing from your Windows 10 computer and enjoy a smooth user experience.
Read more if you want to install new hard drive windows 10