The word WPS stands for “Wi-Fi Protected Setup” and for making the connection between a router and wireless printers and other devices, this one is being used for. You have to find WPS Pin on your HP printer to establish a connection between the accessible devices. The wireless technology that is used in the HP printer allows you to print the documents from any corner of your home and also at any time. The WPS PIN Code will be used for connecting your wireless HP Printer to your personal device and set the printer up either through wired network or through your wireless router and then start printing the documents hassle-freely. In case you are non-tech person and don’t know from where the PIN code will be found, obtain reliable HP Support Assistance from the well-qualified techies. You will meet that person only when you give a ring.
If you install an HP printer driver on your computer and your printer is asking for “WPS Pin” to making a wireless connection, then you have to read out this blog post carefully as simple and efficient guidelines are here. Getting the WPS PIN on HP printer is quite tough for almost all non-tech users. Therefore, you may also come across difficulties while setting up your HP printer to the network connection. Don’t panic at that point; we are here to help you.
What is a WPS Pin?
This abbreviation stands for “Wi-Fi Protected Setup” and is a wireless network security standard. Without it, you will not be able to establish connections between routers and wireless devices such as HP Printers. WPS can be used to connect to a network that uses an encrypted method to connect such as passwords or PIN. On the other hand, there is a WPS button to simplify the connection process between the devices.
Find WPS Pin on HP Printer located on my HP Printer?
You need a WPS Pin when you try to connect the printer to a device. While doing this, a prompt appears on the screen asking for you to enter the Pin and you need to locate it at this time. In case you are not able to find the WPS pin on HP Printer, then you may either locate it printed on the router or on its bottom. It may also be found at the side of your printer. If you are having trouble to locate it, then you may connect to the capable team of HP Printer Support.
Steps to Connect WPS PIN on HP printer
There are a few simple steps to connect your HP Printer using the pin and the instructions for these are given below:
(Note: you can apply the same steps for connecting HP printer 8710, HP DeskJet 2600, and HP printer 3830 via WPS Pin.)
- The first thing you have to do is navigate to the “Control Panel” of your printer.
- Press the “Wireless” button and then press the “Settings” button.
- from here, tap on the option that says “Wi-Fi Protected Setup”.
- Afterward, follow some on-screen instructions and then go to the next step.
- When you are asked for the Pin, just click on it.
- This will display the WPS Pin on your screen after which you have to access the configuration utility.
- After locating the WPS Pin you have to enter it in the given field.
- Once the setup process gets completed, you can install the network printer driver and start printing wirelessly.
The users who are encountering any kind of difficulty while doing so can take the help of the HP Support Assistant to resolve the issue instantly.
Related Blog: HP Printer Error Code E2
Types of WPS Connections for HP Printer
On all the HP Printer you will find either of the below WPS options to connect the printer wirelessly.
- WPS Push Button (For non-screen Printers)
- WPS Pin ( For Screen enabled Printers)
Connect HP printer using WPS Push Button
- Go to the control panel of your HP Printer and then after this after pressing the Wireless or Settings Button, you will observe a Blue Light starts blinking.
- Go to the option of “WiFi Protected Setup” and then follow the instructions which appear on the printer screen.
- After this, you will have to select the option “WPS Button”. When you do so, the printer will tell you to press the WPS button the wireless router.
- After pressing the WPS button on the router, move to the printer and for a wireless connection, hit continue.
- Now Connection will be established and the printer is ready to use.
If you are using an HP printer with a screen and you have a WPS Push button then follow the below steps.
- Make sure printer is ON before moving to the next step.
- Go to the HP printer control panel or screen and Press the Wireless Button.
- Now the Wireless BLUE light will start blinking.
- On the printer screen, you will find the option “WiFi Protected Setup“.
- Go to “WiFi Protected Setup” and select “Push Button”.
- Go to your wireless Router.
- At the backside of your router, you will find a WPS Button.
- Press and Hold that WPS button for 3-4 sec.
- WPS light will start blinking on the router itself.
- Wait for 2-3 mins Both the lights on printer and Router stop blinking.
- Take a look at the printer screen “Connection Established“.
- Now Printer is connected with the wireless network with WPS Button
Connect HP Printer Using WPS Pin
- Go to the control panel of your HP Printer and then after pressing the Wireless button, go to the Settings.
- After touching on the WiFi Protected Setup, you should follow the prompts appearing on the screen.
- Now you will be prompted to PIN, tap on this PIN. When you do so, WPS PIN will be displayed on the screen.
- Next step is to access the configuration utility or the software for the wireless access point or wireless router. After this, you will have to enter WPS PIN.
- After the completion of setup, in All Programs, open the HP Folder of Printer. Then, go to the Printer Setup and Software. Then, choose the option of “Connect a New Printer”. This way, you can easily install the Network Printer Driver.
- Congratulation WPS Pin has been generated and your HP Printer is connected wirelessly with you windows 10 computer.
Source URL: Find WPS Pin on HP Printer