Argumentative essays require students to argue about a topic. Now there are multiple ways of doing it by write my essay!
Generally, there is a traditional argument in which you make a claim and support it with evidence from reliable sources. Plus, you also refute the counter-argument. Sounds aggressive!
Let me tell you about one of the most attractive forms of arguing; Rogerian argued.
What is a Rogerian Argument?
Some issues and situations are so highly charged that persuading the audience becomes very difficult. Then, an approach involving empathy and non-threatening technique is adopted. This type of gpa calculator argument was developed by Carl Rogers and it is more like a conflict-resolving way.
It is said to be a form of argument where both parties compromise. This argument relies on the fact that everyone must understand the viewpoint of others and move from their position based on the issue.
Thus, developing a Rogerian argument is dependent on your ability to be sympathetic to opposing views.
There are four key objectives in developing a Rogerian Argument:
- Winning the audience's trust
- Determining areas of mutual interest
- Paving way for open exchange of ideas
- Finding a possible point to start a discussion and cooperative work
How to develop a Rogerian Argument?
Are you writing a Rogerian Essay? Do you have to develop a Rogerian Argument in your essays? Do not worry; it is not something strange. If you are new to essay writing, you can take help from a professional essay writer. They not only provide you a complete essay but also offer services to edit and revise your written content. Plus, the essay writer credibility is also critical in developing this type of argument.
Here is a guide for you to follow when writing a Rogerian argument.
- The rest of the essay such as thesis, introduction, body, and conclusion remains intact.
- Before developing an argument, know the opposing argument. This will allow you to come up with the correct arguments.
- When taking a stance in your argument, avoid confrontation because it sounds aggressive. It will hinder communication in research paper topics. Keep the definition of Rogerian argument in mind.
- Try to look for common ground in arguments. Once you know the opposing argument, it becomes easy for you to reach common ground.
- Do not leave your position. Embrace it! Tell your audience why it is important.
- But be careful; do not refute opposing arguments as you do in an argumentative essay. Only offer remarks to support your stance in college essay.
- After that, outline the opposing arguments. Present those which sound controversial so that your stance carries some weight.
- Show yourself as someone who understands and empathizes.
- Respect, trust, and equality are some key characteristics of a Rogerian argument. Act as if your goal is to develop a partnership with the adversary in the end.
- Always be ready to change your opinion if you have to. Show that if you do not find your argument effective, you will modify it.
- Direct your argument towards a compromise. After all the steps you performed above, take your essay / argument to a workable situation in essay generator.
Pro Tip: Always end your essay / argument with a summary that is not limited to the mutual agreement. While discussing common grounds, do not forget your stance so that the final emphasis of the reader is on your argument and why it is more reliable. End on a positive note!