The Medical Exoskeleton Market size is projected to reach USD 1.0 billion by 2026, from USD 0.2 billion in 2021, at a CAGR of 45.0%. The growth of this market is mainly driven by factors such as the increasing number of people with physical disabilities and subsequent growth in the demand for effective rehabilitation approaches; agreements and collaborations among companies and research organizations for the development of the exoskeleton technology and increasing insurance coverage for medical exoskeletons in several countries driving the growth of the medical exoskeleton market. However, the high cost of medical exoskeletons may restrict market growth to a certain extent.
Download an Illustrative Overview:
Key Market Players:
Ekso Bionics Holdings, Inc. (US), ReWalk Robotics Ltd. (Israel), Parker Hannifin Corp (US), CYBERDYNE Inc. (Japan), Bionik Laboratories Corp (Canada), Rex Bionics Ltd. (UK), B-TEMIA Inc. (Canada), Hocoma AG (a subsidiary of DIH Technologies) (Switzerland), Wearable Robotics SRL (Italy), Gogoa Mobility Robots SL (Spain), and ExoAtlet (Luxembourg)
Medical Exoskeleton Industry Dynamics
- Increasing number of people with physical disabilities and subsequent growth in demand for effective rehabilitation approaches
- Agreements and collaborations among companies and research organizations for development of exoskeleton technology
- Huge investments for development of exoskeleton technology
- Regulatory challenges for securing approvals for medical exoskeletons
- Introduction of soft actuators
- Increasing insurance coverage for medical exoskeletons in several countries
- High equipment cost
- Safety concerns associated with medical exoskeletons
- Long-term power supply requirements
Request Free Sample Pages:
North America accounted for the largest share 44.4%. of the global medical exoskeleton market
Based on the region, the medical exoskeleton market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia, and the Rest of the World (RoW). In 2020, North America is expected to dominate the market with a share of 44.4%. The growing geriatric population, increasing demand for self-assist exoskeletons, high prevalence of stroke, and growing number of spinal cord injuries (SCI) are the key factors driving the growth of the medical exoskeleton market in this region.
- In 2021, CYBERDYNE received medical device approval from Thai Food and Medical Products Approval Authority (Thai FDA) for HAL Single Joint Type. The product is for patients with reduced mobility in the upper and lower limbs due to muscle weakness or paralysis.
- In 2020, Ekso Bionics received 501(k) clearance from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to market its EksoNR robotic exoskeleton for patients with acquired brain injury (ABI). EksoNR is the first exoskeleton device to receive FDA clearance for rehabilitation use with ABI, significantly expanding the device’s indication to a broader group of patients.
- In 2019, ReWalk Robotics’ ReStore soft exo-suit system received clearance from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for sale to rehabilitation centers across the United States
- In 2018, Parker Hannifin announced the release of its next generation Indego Therapy device for use in rehabilitation centers which is rapidly adjustable and can be custom-sized and perfectly fitted to patients
- To define, describe, and forecast the medical exoskeleton market by type, component, extremity, mobility, structure, and region
- To provide detailed information about the factors influencing market growth (drivers, restraints, opportunities, and industry-specific challenges)
- To strategically analyze micromarkets1 with respect to individual growth trends, prospects, and contributions to the overall medical exoskeleton market
- To analyze market opportunities for stakeholders and provide details of the competitive landscape for key players
- To forecast the size of market segments in North America, Europe, Asia, and RoW2
- To strategically analyze the market structure and profile key players in the medical exoskeleton market and comprehensively analyze their core competencies3
- To track and analyze company developments such as partnerships, agreements, and collaborations; expansions; acquisitions; and product launches in the medical exoskeleton market
Get 10% Free Customization on this Report:
MarketsandMarkets™ provides quantified B2B research on 30,000 high growth niche opportunities/threats which will impact 70% to 80% of worldwide companies' revenues. Currently servicing 7500 customers worldwide including 80% of global Fortune 1000 companies as clients. Almost 75,000 top officers across eight industries worldwide approach MarketsandMarkets™ for their painpoints around revenues decisions.
Our 850 fulltime analyst and SMEs at MarketsandMarkets™ are tracking global high growth markets following the "Growth Engagement Model - GEM". The GEM aims at proactive collaboration with the clients to identify new opportunities, identify most important customers, write "Attack, avoid and defend" strategies, identify sources of incremental revenues for both the company and its competitors. MarketsandMarkets™ now coming up with 1,500 MicroQuadrants (Positioning top players across leaders, emerging companies, innovators, strategic players) annually in high growth emerging segments. MarketsandMarkets™ is determined to benefit more than 10,000 companies this year for their revenue planning and help them take their innovations/disruptions early to the market by providing them research ahead of the curve.
MarketsandMarkets's flagship competitive intelligence and market research platform, "Knowledgestore" connects over 200,000 markets and entire value chains for deeper understanding of the unmet insights along with market sizing and forecasts of niche markets.
Mr. Aashish Mehra
630 Dundee Road
Northbrook, IL 60062
Visit Our Web Site: https://www.marketsandmarkets.com
Rehabilitation Equipment Market: