Southwest Airlines Name Change Policy-
Southwest Airlines understands that people might cause minor errors in their names while booking their flights. If you are travelling by Southwest Airlines then nothing to worry about, it provides Southwest's Name Change Policy by which you can modify the name on your flight ticket. Southwest Airlines is quite strict with its rules and regulations, so passengers traveling on a flight must have the same name on the Flight Ticket as well as in their government-issued identity.
Passengers are allowed to correct typos in their tickets to up to four characters on the first name, middle name and last name. Additionally, no other party travel agents are permitted to create new PNR to change names on Flight Tickets.
Name Change Policies for Southwest Airlines-
- If you want to change your name on your Flight Ticket, this is allowed only once.
- You are allowed to correct your name only up to 4 characters but not the entire name.
- You need to provide your legal document if you are changing the official name on your flight ticket.
- All typos can be corrected a maximum of 24 hours before the Flight Booking.
Steps to Change my Name on Southwest Airlines-
Southwest Airlines name change policy provides a variety of channels to change your name on your Flight Ticket.
Via Online: -
It is an easy and hassle-free method to change your name. Kindly follow the below-mentioned steps:-
- Please visit the official website southwest.com.
- Tap on the manage booking button and proceed.
- Enter the 6-digit code with your last name.
- Select the retrieve booking option.
- click on the next page and select the change name option to modify your name for your booking.
- Enter the correct name and pay the name change fees along with the additional charges if required.
- Once changes are done you will receive a confirmation notification, you have to select your seats again.
Via Phone: -
Alternatively, you can also make changes via phone call. Kindly follow the below-mentioned steps:-
- Visit the official website southwest.com.
- Search for the customer service number and make a call.
- Keep your 6-digit reference number ready while your call gets connected to the airline representative.
- The agent will ask you for photocopies of legal documentation or any other required details.
- You will be asked for your new name to book your flight.
- Pay the name change fees with the additional charges if required.
- Once changes are done you will receive a confirmation notification you have to select your seat again.
Book your Southwest Airlines flight today call now: +1 (855) 583-7475 & + 1 (800) 435-9792 and experience the difference in air travel.Source URL: - Click Here