The Osteoarthritis Market Size was valued at USD 4.3 billion in 2022 and is projected to grow from USD 4.69 Billion in 2023 to USD 8.63 billion by 2030, exhibiting a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.10% during the forecast period (2023 - 2030).
The market is growing persistently on account of growing global geriatric population as it accounts for more disability among the elderly population than any other disease. Elderly patients have been reported to experience radiographic osteoarthritis which increases as patients age. Rising populace of obesity is also considered to be the driving factor in the growth of the global Osteoarthritis Market since obesity has also been identified as a risk factor for osteoarthritis. Obesity reduces the skeletal-weight-to-body-mass which results in compressive forces to joints.
Osteoarthritis Market Overview and analysis By Type (Hip Osteoarthritis, Spinal Osteoarthritis), Diagnosis (Imaging, Joint Fluid Analysis), Treatment (Medication, Surgery, Therapy), End Users (Hospitals, Medical Institutes)
The Global Osteoarthritis Market Players include
- Regeneron (U.S.),
- Novartis AG (Europe),
- TissueGene Inc. (U.S.),
- Eli Lilly and Company. (U.S.),
- Pfizer Inc. (U.S.),
- Abbott. (U.S.),
- Ampio Pharmaceuticals Inc. (U.S.),
- ABIOGEN PHARMA S.p.A (Europe), and
- Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp. (U.S.).
The global Osteoarthritis Market has been segmented based on type, diagnosis, treatment, and end users.
- By type, the osteoarthritis disability rating market has been segmented into hip osteoarthritis, wrist osteoarthritis, spinal osteoarthritis, and others.
- By diagnosis, the osteoarthritis disability rating has been segmented into imaging, joint fluid analysis, and others. The imaging segment is sub-segmented into X-rays, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and others.
- By treatment, the osteoarthritis has been segmented into medication, surgery, therapy, and others. The medication segment has been further segmented into analgesics and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, and others. The analgesic sub-segment has been further segmented into acetaminophen, duloxetine, and others. The non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs sub-segment has been further segmented into aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen sodium and naproxen, and others.
- By end users, the osteoarthritis segment has been hospitals & clinics, medical institutes, research organization, and others.
The global Osteoarthritis Market Outlook spans across the regions of the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East & Africa. The Americas hold the dominant position in the global osteoarthritis market. A robust healthcare sector, huge osteoarthritis patient pool, and high healthcare expenditure support the growth of the Americas market.
Europe has commanded the second position in the global osteoarthritis market. Availability of funds for research and development activities coupled with government support, high healthcare expenditure and growing prevalence of osteoarthritis in the region propels the growth of the Europe market.
Asia Pacific follows Europe in the global osteoarthritis market. The presence of a huge patient population, rising healthcare investments in the developing economies, and the untapped markets of the region provide a lucrative opportunity for market expansion. Moreover, favorable government policies aid market growth and will help Asia Pacific to emerge as the fastest growing market for osteoarthritis.
The Middle East & Africa holds the least share in the global osteoarthritis market. Poor economic condition and low penetration of healthcare limit the growth of the market, especially in the Africa region and most of the osteoarthritis market share is held by the Middle East market. The healthcare sector is well-developed in the Gulf countries which helps the Middle East market progress.
- In August 2018, the FDA launched new draft guidance for Osteoarthritis Treatments. The new set of rules will guide drug and medical device manufacturers to develop treatments for osteoarthritis.
Market Research Future (MRFR) enable customers to unravel the complexity of various industries through Cooked Research Report (CRR), Half-Cooked Research Reports (HCRR), Raw Research Reports (3R), Continuous-Feed Research (CFR), and Market Research & Consulting Services.
Market Research Future (part of Wantstats Research and Media Private Limited),
99 Hudson Street,5Th Floor, New York,
New York 10013