QuickBooks often works in a seamless manner and makes the job of accounting much simpler and more efficient. However, there are exceptions, such as QuickBooks error 6000, 305.
QuickBooks error code 6000, 305 can be quite treacherous, in the sense that it can be time-consuming and complicated to find out what’s causing it and what can be done to overcome it. For some, such troubleshooting challenges can be no big deal, but for many others, it can cause frustration and loss of output.
If you wish to navigate this issue smartly and expertly, continue reading. The article below will talk about various methods to get the error removed.
QuickBooks company file error 6000 305 is basically a fault that doesn’t let you access the company file saved on a remote computer. This can happen by various reasons, such as common network problems, data corruption that damages company file, filename errors, broken network data file, and more. To fix all these issues and ultimately to resolve the error, you can start following the steps as suggested below.
#1: Create New Network Data File
The steps below will help you resolve data corruption issues with your network data configuration file.
- Open your company folder
- Look for a file with this file extension .qbw.nd
- Rename it by adding .BACKUP at the end.
- Now open QuickBooks again to create a new ND file
#2: Allow QuickBooks Through Firewall
Follow the steps below to make sure your Firewall program isn’t blocking QuickBooks from connecting to the server:
- Open Windows settings by pressing Windows key + I
- Open Privacy and Security settings from the left pane
- Tap on Windows Security button to open Security options
- Open “Firewall and Network Protection”
- Below “Public Network,” click on the link that says allow an app through firewall
- Tick QuickBooks checkbox under Public network
#3: Run File Doctor to Fix Company File
Carry out the actions outlined below to fix data corruption issues with your company file (which can be yet another factor causing QB file Backup Error 6000 305)
- On your server computer, visit QuickBooks official website, get QuickBooks Tool Hub, and install it.
- Open QB Tool Hub and jump to Company File issues
- Press the button to open QuickBooks File Doctor
- In File doctor window, pick the company file to repair
- Tick on “check your file” checkbox before proceeding
- The tool will take a few minutes to repair the file
- Once finished, you can try to open the file from the workstation and see if the error is resolved.
These three methods are commonly used to get around QuickBooks company file error 6000 305 and successfully overcome it. However, there are some unique cases where the error might be due to more complicated issues. If that’s your situation too, you can ask for professional help. Call +1-888-738-0540 to speak to our support team.