A Property Management Company provides a range of services to landlords and tenants. These services can include marketing the property, screening and selecting tenants, maintaining the property, and handling repairs and maintenance. Some property management companies also offer financial services, such as rent collection and bookkeeping.
The services offered by a Property Management Company will vary depending on the size and type of property, as well as the needs of the landlord and tenants. However, some of the most common services provided by property management companies include:
- Marketing the property : A Property Management Company can help to market the property, by listing it on rental websites and in local newspapers. They can also help to show the property to potential tenants.
- Screening and selecting tenants : A property management company can screen potential tenants, by running background checks and credit checks. They can also help to select tenants, by interviewing them and matching them to the property.
- Maintaining the property : A property management company can help to maintain the property, by arranging for repairs and maintenance to be carried out. They can also help to keep the property clean and tidy, by arranging for regular cleaning and rubbish removal.
- Handling repairs and maintenance : A Property Management Company can help to handle repairs and maintenance, by arranging for tradespeople to carry out work. They can also help to chase up repairs, by following up with tenants and landlords.
- Collecting rent : A Property Management Company can help to collect rent, by sending out reminders and chasing up late payments. They can also help to deposit rent payments into the landlord's account.
- Bookkeeping : A Property Management Company can help to keep track of finances, by providing monthly statements and invoices. They can also help to prepare tax returns, by keeping records of income and expenditure.