Do you want to get rid of the multi-user mode working issue? QuickBooks is reliable software to manage company data and overall income. But providing passwords and business accounts to multiple company users can bring a multi-user error. QuickBooks multi-user mode not working is the most prominent error that occurs in QuickBooks when there are numerous users of the same company file. If more than one user is operating the company file simultaneously, it will display an error alert.
The errors that occur with multiple hosts are H202, -6000, and H505. All the errors of the series belong to multiple-user mode situations. Whenever you switch to multiple users from a single host, then there is a possibility that other users cannot operate in multiple-user mode. So we will address the issue in the article and find the solution to the problems.
Reasons behind Multiple User Mode Not Working
- The firewall is blocking the permission to enable multi-user mode.
- The older version of QuickBooks is installed in another system in which multi-user mode is not working.
- Windows permission is not granted correctly, so the QuickBooks application will not perform all the actions due to the lack of access.
- Host settings are inappropriate; therefore, another user cannot access the file even after switching to multi-user mode.
- The DNS security is corrupted.
- The QuickBooks database server manager is not able to access the company file.