If you own a Canon printer and are looking to take advantage of its wireless capabilities, you'll need to install Canon printer software. The software is available for download on https //ij.start.canon configurar and will walk you through the entire setup process. Keep in mind that you'll have two different options when setting up the device using your computer - either wirelessly or via a wired connection.
Once you've downloaded the software and opened it up, you'll be greeted with a step-by-step guide that will walk you step-by-step through the process. You'll want to start by selecting a wireless networking option that matches the type of network you're currently connected to. Note that you'll be able to connect the printer to either a Wi-Fi or a Bluetooth network. If you've connected to a wireless network previously, select the appropriate option and then follow the on-screen instructions to connect your printer to the network. If not, then select the "New Wireless Network" option and follow the on-screen instructions to add your printer as a new device on your Wi-Fi network. Once the printer has been successfully added to the network, it will be listed as an active device that you can use to print documents.
How to Setup a Canon Printer for WiFi
You'll now be asked if you want the printer to connect to an existing wireless network or create a new one. If you want to create a wireless ad hoc network, select Create New Network and then follow the instructions on the screen to complete the setup process via Ij.start.canon. If you select Connect to a Network, your device will connect to an existing wireless network automatically.
- Open a web browser and go to https://ij.start.canon and click download.
- Click Download and save the file to your desired location. Once the file has finished downloading, open the folder where the file is located and double-click the installer to begin the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install the software and complete the installation. The software will be downloaded and installed on your computer. After completing the installation, open the software and click on the “Canon IJ Network Tool” icon to launch the application.
- Click the Wi-Fi option on the left side of the main window to display the available wireless networks in your area. Select the wireless network you want to connect with and then click OK. You will be connected to the network and ready to use the printer.
Canon Printer Connection - IJ Start Cannon
The Canon IJ Network Tool is installed along with the other software that came with your printer. This tool will make it easy to connect your printer to your network and connect to it wirelessly. You can follow the steps below to connect the printer to the wireless network:
- Download the Canon IJ Network Tool from the link above. Once the download is complete, run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- When the installation is complete, click on the "Canon IJ Network Tool" icon on your desktop to launch the application.
- Click Scan button on the Home Screen of the Canon IJ Network Tool to scan for available printers on the network. A list of all connected printers will be displayed in a list form. Select the printer you want to connect to from the list and click connect.
References: Canon iJ setup